VPN Service: Tricky Questions VS True Answers
As we continue delivering the most stable and secure VPN service to our over-a-million users’ global audience, we keep receiving some basic questions that need to be answered. Whether you are currently using VPN Unlimited, or planning to do so, we hope this post will be useful for you. And remember, that our app is truly unlimited and free for up to 100 days!
1. What is VPN service?
A Virtual Private Network is a unique technology that uses advanced methods of encryption to create secure tunneling to ensure privacy and security. VPN Unlimited app establishes connection to one of the global servers and encrypts all outgoing data, transmitted over the network. As a result, all user’s online activities becomes completely anonymous, i.e. safe.
2. Does unlimited VPN service keep any clients’ logs? Does it have my IP-address?
Unlimited VPN service is built to provide a client with ultimate online security. For this reason, our company does not keep any users’ logs of the visited websites or IP-addresses of the clients. Basically, the only information that is stored is the amount of Internet traffic that user has used for safety purposes. Also, it is kept to ensure the selected server is enabled to support unlimited customer Internet access via VPN Unlimited including unlimited bandwidth and connection speed.
3. What IP-address will I get? Do you keep my IP-address?
Every customer gets a dynamic IP-address when connecting to VPN service. Given IP-addresses are changeable – non static. Real IP-addresses are not stored as well as time stamps of VPN Unlimited users.
4. What is the BEST reinforced security VPN service connection?
VPN Unlimited uses unique technology that incorporates several powerful encryption methods. We keep our software up-to-date to be secure against new vulnerabilities. The most secure encryption algorithm for iOS and Mac OS X built-in IPSec – AES-128.
Users of Linux and MS Windows are protected with AES-256 (SHA1) and OpenVPN protocol.
5. What Laws and Jurisdictions does VPN Unlimited follow?
Unlimited VPN service is provided by New York based company, Keep Solid Inc. (former Simplex Solutions Inc.). We adhere to US jurisdiction where there is no mandatory data retention required, yet US laws are fierce on their Internet surveillance programs, but VPN service is welcomed. According to our company’s agreement, we do not keep any logs. For more on VPN laws and jurisdiction in different countries, please read this article on our blog.
6. What information will you provide to a 3rd party if requested?
- The company will not communicate with 3rd parties.
- Our company policy will support the review of any legal requests. (None of those were issued)
- We are to protect your privacy, i.e. personal information.
- As we do not keep any traffic or session data, there is nothing to provide to any 3rd party.
7. What payment system does the company use? And is there is any connection of payment and client account information?
We work with multiple worldwide trustful payment systems. Currently PayPal and Amazon are available, and in the nearest future payment methods will include:
8. Monitoring, Prevention and Mitigation of VPN service abuse
The only data that we keep is traffic amount, yet we closely monitor any spam and phishing related activities. There were no illegal actions performed against the company or our clients. However, if a user is caught doing anything illegal, his account will be terminated without warning.
9. What will the company do if DMCA takedown notice or other equivalent is received?
We prohibit usage of p2p on part of our servers in order to minimize any DMCA-related issues. Non-complying with these restrictions may cause service suspension.
KeepSolid Inc does not provide our customers’ account information in case of DMCA abuse messages.
10. If any court notices sent, what actions will you take to protect your customers?
In our practice, we have never received any court-related notices. As there are no customers’ logs or session data kept, any court notices are irrelevant as there is NO information to provide. Our customers are protected by legal definition. In addition, each and every client of unlimited VPN service is under consumer protection US law too.
11. Do you support/allow the use of torrents or file-sharing traffic on VPN server?
VPN Unlimited technology has a sole purpose to provide the ultimate online security. If a user tends to neglect the existing laws in his country regarding torrent and file-sharing, we on our part have the right to decrease or limit connection speed if there is a major VPN server overload, or suspend user’s account. Clients are guaranteed to have 100% of online anonymity as we believe that our customers’ security is the company’s top priority.