Top 6 Reasons to Use Electronic Signatures in 2018
ESignature is a software that allows users to sign documents electronically. This eliminates the need for physical signatures and documents, allowing to completely digitize your paperwork. Documents signed this way are completely legally viable in the majority of developed countries.
Just like your everyday physical signature, eSign services don’t have any specific target audience. Everyone has a need to put their name on a document at some point in life. So we’ve picked out 6 general reasons to use electronic signatures in 2018.
- Document exchange with public and municipal administration
It’s highly convenient and time-saving to use electronic signature to submit taxes, applications, returns, appeals, and other documents that need to be directed to the state structures.
- Secure online banking
With the high levels of security that eSignatures provide, most banks nowadays recommend their usage. This electronic service eliminates the risk of signature manipulation or abuse, which even makes it a mandatory requirement for certain active operations, like online payments. Besides, it gets quite handy when a single eSignature is used with multiple different payment systems.
- Protecting communication
Signing your correspondence and sending it with an eSignature solution like KeepSolid Sign will protect it from interception. Encryption mechanisms used within such applications secure your documents, ensuring that they remain confidential and intact.
- Optimizing corporate document flow
Equipment maintenance, printing, and delivery of papers can add up quite sizeably when brought to a corporate scale. Using an e-sign solution reduces financial and time expenses substantially, liberating these resources for more important tasks. This includes:
- Exchanging contracts with partners, contractors, and clients
- Submitting tax, employment, and insurance documents
- Registration of civil and labor contracts, VAT registers and VAT returns
- Issuing electronic invoices, etc.
- Specialized signatures
Certain industries and companies utilize eSignatures for different specific purposes like:
- Server data authentication
- E-mails protection
- Data encryption/decryption
- Authentication in VPNs (Virtual Private Networks)
- Developing goodwill
E-signature is a modern, fast, intuitive, and eco-friendly answer to the infamous problem of complex bureaucracy and time-consuming document filling in business. A company that can offer its clients such a convenient solution will immediately win a few points of approval and will increase their goodwill in general.
Obviously, it takes more than just being able to put a picture of a signature to a document to qualify for being considered an eSign solution. Such product must also:
- Allow multiple users to work with the same document on various devices and platforms
- Feature reliable security measures, e.g. data and traffic encryption
- Track current status of the document and alert users when their action is required
- Offer comprehensive role management for internal and external users (signees, spectators, etc.)
- Feature robust document creation and storage options
All in all, electronic signature technology is the perfect example of a small thing having a big impact. It’s not the kind of improvement that gets companies to the front pages, but once you try it – you will never want to go back to old-fashioned physical signing.